Five Ways To Start Being Happier And Healthier Today!
Posted September 12, 2010on:
Really, they’re easy! No procrastinating allowed! These are five easy life modifications that anyone can do to improve your health, and watch out – they just might put a smile on your face!
1. An hour before going to bed, turn off the tube, whether it be TV or computer. Yep, studies have shown that the glow emitted from these devices throws off our sleep cycles. More restful sleep means we’re less cranky during the day and have more energy to exercise, or prepare healthful meals, or just plain enjoy ourselves!
2. Hook up with a pal for exercise. This one’s a twofer: you get some activity, and you get some social time! It doesn’t matter what the activity is; go for a walk, join your favorite exercise class, whatever! Just let your hair down with others! Great for the body and soul.
3. Give yourself a D. Vitamin D has been recently proven as a “miracle vitamin”, protecting us from depression, various cancers, bone disorders, immune problems, and other disorders. It’s OK to take 1000 IU per day, they say.
4. Drink coffee! This is my favorite, since I’m an addict! Believe it or not, it’s chock-full of antioxidants, and it helps keep us sharp! People have performed better in memory tests after having had their cup of joe. (Now, I don’t even have to justify my addiction! Awesome!)
5. Floss every day. Easier said than done, eh? But really, it takes less than a minute, and not only will you get those pesky pieces of spinach out of your teeth, but you’re clearing out bacteria that you don’t get to with your toothbrush. This bacteria has been linked to gum disease, and also has been suggested to cause heart problems and stroke. Easy as that – floss your way to lower cardiovascular disease risk!
Time to get yourself going! Please share any of your favorite quick’n’easy health tips below — I’d love to hear what all of you are doing!