40 Goals Before 40… Part 2!
Posted May 29, 2011on:
And now… the continuation of my “goals-post” from a few weeks ago! I’ve had so much to talk to you guys about that I haven’t been able to keep going.
For those just joining in, I’ve written a list of 40 goals to complete before my 40th birthday, about 3 years from now. I’m sharing them ten at a time, and shared the first batch a few weeks ago. I’d love to hear your goals and comments! Goals keep us alive and excited!
Anyway, here’s batch 2, with some commentary about how I might be making progress:
11. Host a Pilates retreat mostly because it requires my having grown my business to that stage… however, I kind of get to cheat here, since my neighbors want to rent out their cabin, and I could just invite friends up for our own retreat. Does this count?
12. Write 5 thank-you notes (not emails!) to people who’ve made a difference in my life I keep intending to start this! I just saw an address for a favorite high school teacher go by…
13. Stand at the top of a mountain and sing This would require being physically able to hike up the mountain, unless somebody carries me. I’ll work on that part, first.
14. Complete a NaNoWriMo Challenge NaNoWriMo is in November. Assuming I don’t have a trazillion things going on, I’ll tackle it this year, and maybe do it every year. I’ve been doing a lot of writing, anyway, so it shouldn’t be too tough… maybe? (writing 50,000 words in a month, though… ack!)
15. Lose 10 pounds Well, since I’ve been allowed to do more cardio, I’ve already lost two pounds. Maybe I’ll try to lose 10 pounds from here, as well!
16. Make gorgeous chocolates/truffles to give as gifts I’ve been working on a variety of kitchen skills, and lemme tell ya, making things look really pretty is something I still need to work on. I’d love to be able to whip out professional looking chocolates as gifts!
17. Visit a country that most people have never heard of Not just for the sake of obscurity, but these places are usually really interesting to me. Probably the closest I’ve come is Latvia.
18. Help build a Habitat for Humanity home I never feel as though I give enough, and I love being physical and working with my hands.
19. Meet my cousin Sara in AZ Actually, a second cousin, who found me through the internet while doing genealogy research. But we seem to have a lot in common (similar age, love being outdoors, we’ve been teachers, we love cooking…) and I think we’d get along great.
20. Start expressing myself style-wise (clothes and hair aren’t really “me”) I’ve realized I spend too much time in “safe” jeans and t-shirt, looking just like everyone else. While I hate to buy more stuff and join the consumer crowd, I also hate fitting in. I’m trying to find a balance, showing off more of my own self while not overconsuming resources–life is too short to blend in with the background.
And that’s Round 2, halfway done! I have 20 more to list in the next few weeks. I’m still really interested to hear more of your goals, so… comment! What makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning? What do you want to have done by the end of the year? By the end of the decade? And… no goal is a “stupid” goal: if it’s important to you, it’s important! 🙂
Enjoy the three-day weekend! Thank you to all who serve our country and have served!