Posted June 25, 2011on:
Long time, no see! It’s been almost a week since I’ve seen you last–sorry! All of those writing prompts totally burned me out…
But I really want to share with you my progress over the past month! Remember a month ago, when I set that big goal to lose 10 pounds and tighten up overall? (I’d just finished 3 months on crutches after a major hip surgery, so I was feeling really out of shape…)
I took some follow-up pictures yesterday to compare with those I took a month ago. I can’t believe I’m posting swimsuit pics on the internet… scary… but here goes:
(Apologies for the wet, just-out-of-shower hair!!)
So, a little slimmer, maybe? I’m down the 3 pounds that I gained after the surgery–some days, the scale registers 4.
In any case, things are moving in the right direction! I’ll continue towards my goal of 10 pounds down total (meaning, 6-7 more pounds lost) and firming myself up in general by following the same plan:
- Cardio daily, at least 30 min. I’m restricted in terms of what I can do, but as my strength builds, I can (and have been!!) increase intensity.
- 3 upper body weight sessions per week
- Daily Pilates, at least 30 min
- I’ll add in some walking as it feels OK–it’s functional exercise!
- Cut back on, but not eliminate, fats and simple carbs
- 5+ servings fruits and veggies daily.
I’ll revisit this a month from now with more photos! It’s a great non-scale way to measure your progress (in addition to seeing how clothes fit and taking measurements).
How are you all doing with your health and nutrition plans?