Time for Tuesday’s Tidbits!
Posted October 25, 2011on:
OK. You caught me.
I was a bit absent last week. Mea culpa! But I orchestrated a big event, for me: I rented a neighbors’ cabin out at a lake, invited 6 friends (one of them being a yoga instructor), and we held our very own yoga and hiking retreat. I planned and cooked all of the food. I’d say it was a success–and everyone else has been saying the same! I was thoroughly swamped last week, and I’m still catching up, but I can cross the “host a yoga retreat” goal off of my “40 things before 40” list.
Or… maybe now, I could try to create retreats for strangers… hmmm… ???
Anyway, I’m back! I was inspired by a recent post at Carrots and Cake to start listing, in each of my posts, a few things that just make me feel happy. (The idea being… that you, as readers, do the same thing–whether it’s on paper or in your head!) So, here are a few things that make me happy today:
- My dwarf Japanese maple just starting to change color–he is gorgeous!
- Satsuma lotion from the Body Shop (it smells like summer)
- Fresh squeezed orange juice after a run
Think about the little things that make you happy… I’d love to hear about ’em!
And now, for a few more things to make you happy…
1. Cute teapot.
2. ‘Tis the season for pumpkin recipes! But what do you do if you’re left with only a tiny bit in the can? Ideas for that last bit of leftover pumpkin.
5. One last Halloween food idea to decorate your cheeseburgers (or garden burgers, or whatever burger you choose…)
Have a great rest of the week, and remember to think about the the little things that make you happy! Report back here! 🙂