Posted November 29, 2011on:
OK, I’m back and recovered from Thanksgiving. I made an Indian feast (worthy of many Recipe Friday posts)… it included:
Papads with tamarind chutney
Minted lamb patties (wow, these were so good)
Baked spicy chicken (almost tandoori-ish)
Stir-fried red lentils
Garlic naan (storebought….)
And we shared it with a friend who worked part of the day. Good stuff! The lamb dish will certainly be happening again… I’ll admit that it was my first time cooking lamb!
<i>Did you all have a great holiday weekend? Did you cook anything out of the ordinary?</i>
I’m prepping for another big holiday adventure, coming up here in a few weeks, but meanwhile, here’s a few fun holiday links:
1. Easy gifts for the holidays, or just fun things to share: holiday cake pops and candy apples.
2. The perfect Christmas gift for the cat.
3. This sweet minty Chex mix looks promising…. not healthy, but use a good quality white chocolate like Callebaut, and you’re set!
4. Make your house smell like the holidays! Boil a pot of water, add some orange peels and a few cinnamon sticks.
5. And to balance out the less-healthy eats above, here’s a good-looking recipe for curried sweet potato soup. It’s been soup weather for a while here, so why not make a big pot?
It’s December in a few days… can you believe it? I made a great red lentil and potato soup a few days ago, and I’ll share it with you all on Friday–big-time comfort food. Healthy, too!
Have a great rest of the week, everyone!