Posts Tagged ‘funny’
The month is slowly coming to a close… just a few more days! And I’m 7 miles from my running goal this month: slowly, steadily, I’ve been getting there! (Despite our terrible weather–last week’s snow and ice storm–I’ve managed to nearly make it there… and there’s still time! So, I will get there!)
How are y’all doing with your goals? I’m happy to be your cheering section! Aim high! You can do it!
So, no recipes today, but I found a bunch of funny stuff to hopefully put a smile on your face. Even if you’re not having the best day, maybe looking at these sites (and clicking through ’em a bit more, if you so desire) will get your spirits up… and in the mood for a workout that you hadn’t planned on! Or something like that.
2. I don’t know what this says about me… but this is something I don’t get. I have a chapstick on my shelf that I got in Switzerland several years ago that I’m still going through (it has French and German on the side, so I know which one it is)… maybe I don’t lose them because I don’t carry a purse? I dunno. I just tend not to lose things… No comprendo.
3. The expressiveness of old cars can be amazing!
4. Maybe this is merely anatomy teacher humor (something I’ve previously done)… but it has me rolling. Hopefully you get a chuckle, too!
5. OK… this one’s just a lame pun. But I like lame puns! And hopefully you do, too.
Laughing yet? I hope so! That was my goal today. I read something about laughing burning 40 calories in 15 minutes… eh, who laughs for 15 minutes straight, anyway? We could always try…
Keep on smiling! And, if you haven’t yet, pick a small goal to get you through to the end of the month! 🙂
OK. You caught me.
I was a bit absent last week. Mea culpa! But I orchestrated a big event, for me: I rented a neighbors’ cabin out at a lake, invited 6 friends (one of them being a yoga instructor), and we held our very own yoga and hiking retreat. I planned and cooked all of the food. I’d say it was a success–and everyone else has been saying the same! I was thoroughly swamped last week, and I’m still catching up, but I can cross the “host a yoga retreat” goal off of my “40 things before 40” list.
Or… maybe now, I could try to create retreats for strangers… hmmm… ???
Anyway, I’m back! I was inspired by a recent post at Carrots and Cake to start listing, in each of my posts, a few things that just make me feel happy. (The idea being… that you, as readers, do the same thing–whether it’s on paper or in your head!) So, here are a few things that make me happy today:
- My dwarf Japanese maple just starting to change color–he is gorgeous!
- Satsuma lotion from the Body Shop (it smells like summer)
- Fresh squeezed orange juice after a run
Think about the little things that make you happy… I’d love to hear about ’em!
And now, for a few more things to make you happy…
1. Cute teapot.
2. ‘Tis the season for pumpkin recipes! But what do you do if you’re left with only a tiny bit in the can? Ideas for that last bit of leftover pumpkin.
5. One last Halloween food idea to decorate your cheeseburgers (or garden burgers, or whatever burger you choose…)
Have a great rest of the week, and remember to think about the the little things that make you happy! Report back here! 🙂
Hope everything’s well! My theme of the day (week?) is gratefulness. My body has been through so much the past 18 months or so… including two major hip surgeries (the first one didn’t go so well). No one really knew how I was going to recover, but I was given the green light to do anything, as long as it didn’t hurt beyond the usual residual soreness.
Guess what–this former marathoner has been RUNNING for the past two weeks!
(OK, so right now, my definition of “run” is “walk 3 minutes, run 2 minutes, repeat to total 30 minutes”–and it’s really hard for me–but after so much time away from running, this is my way to build back up.)
I am so GRATEFUL that my body is able to do this! I had no idea if running was ever going to be an option again. I’m taking it slowly and not jumping ahead toward marathons yet–thinking of 5K’s in my future, in case my body isn’t up for distance–but I’m just happy to be moving the pavement under my feet.
Here are some interesting tidbits for this week!
1. Ah, how stalking has changed.
2. Oh boy. What our pets do while we’re away.
3. Fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips–great healthy recipe for a party (or…. to mosh the whole thing by yourself)! I’d love to try this with regular salty chips, too, since I love sweet/savory combos.
4. It’s getting to be that time of year–how about some homemade pumpkin butter?
5. Have you tried oven-roasted chickpeas? If not… you’re missing out. Cheap, easy, healthy snack! Here’s a recipe for an Indian-spiced variety of chickpeas.
Have a great rest of the week! I’d love to hear what all of you are grateful for! It’s so easy to get caught up in the minutiae of our day-to-day lives–let’s think of things to be thankful of in the grand scheme of things!
So, Tuesday Tidbits became Wednesday Widgets this week. Mea culpa! The husband and I spent a few days in Tahoe, seeing that big fireball in the sky and getting our hike on. (Oh, and adventures with rental car dying just before taking the twisty, turny road. It left us stranded, but in a safe place. Props to the Sunday staff of the Circle K in Incline Village, NV! They let us use their phone when our battery started dying, after several 20-minute chunks on hold….)
Several adventures later, and we’re back in 50-degree western Washington, with many good memories, and a recommendation to stay at the North Tahoe Lodge if you’re in the Truckee area. Very luxurious, great owners (who live in my hometown of Fremont, CA, when not at Tahoe), fantastic hospitality!
Enough reminiscing… onward to this week’s link collection!
1. Are you like my husband and allergic to nuts, but want Nutella? Try this recipe–you can make something similar, pureeing sunflower seeds with chocolate to make a similar spread.
2. Like playing Space Invaders? Well, get the Space Invaders Couch!
3. Still got summer? (no. I don’t secretly hate you. no.) As part of a website listing 50 frozen desserts from popsicles to drinks to ice cream, here’s a recipe for blackberry granita that looks mighty fine.
4. Check out this quote
5. I love these dipped strawberries for sports fans!
OK, y’all! Gotta go pick up family from the airport! Talk soon! I think it’s time for another fitness challenge… what say?